Sleeps up to 10 * 6 bedrooms * Traditionally wood-panelled * Open fire * Large enclosed garden * Parking * WiFi * Local shops and hotel 5 minutes away * Fly fishing * Beaches close by * Just off North Coast 500 route * Immediate access to nature!
If you are looking for a truly unique and exciting holiday experience in Scotland, then look no further than visiting the North West Highlands and staying at Oldshoremore Lodge - Rhiconich Estate. From here you can enjoy wildlife watching, hill walking, kayaking, fishing and generally experiencing being at one with nature. This area of Scotland boasts one of the last wild and untamed wilderness areas in the UK and the amount of exposed ancient rock formations is a geologist`s dream. There are unrivalled stunning beaches and extensive walking and wildlife to be found. If you are a keen fly fisherman then there is plenty of wild brown trout fishing available on the Estate and salmon fishing can also be arranged for you on certain Thursday's during the season. Whatever you enjoy doing, there is something here for you!
Oldshoremore Lodge is hosted by George and Maaike Silcock.
The Lodge is owned by the Rhiconich Estate and holds a traditional rustic charm, completely in harmony with its fly-fishing and outdoor heritage.
As this is a private holiday letting there is no other agency involved and bookings are made direct with the owners' representatives above using the CONTACT US form.
We have now revised our letting procedures / handover and cleaning regimes in line with current Scottish Government legislation.
The changes focus on cleaning and handover routines prior, during and on leaving the property in what will probably be the `new normal` in these challenging times. Full details will be included in an information document which will be sent to you before your stay.
The current COVID legislation indicates the numbers of guests and households that may stay at the Lodge. This will be discussed at the time of your enquiry as this may change according to the latest developments.
Oldshoremore Lodge is committed to making your stay as safe as possible.
BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY
PLEASE FILL IN THE ENQUIRY FORM (CONTACT US page) and WE'LL GET BACK TO YOU TO CONFIRM AVAILABLE DATES.
1. All enquiries and bookings are to be made using the enquiry form on the CONTACT US page. Any dogs you intend to bring with you should be declared at the time of booking.
Please note that bookings from 4th July to the 17th October 2021 run Sunday to Sunday. For the rest of the year it falls on Saturday (unless by prior agreement).
2. Arrival and departure: Guests are asked to arrive between 4pm and 8pm on the day of arrival. Please contact the host to inform of a later arrival if this is necessary. Guests are kindly asked to vacate the Lodge in a clean and tidy state no later than 10am on the day of departure. These timings are to help with extended Covid cleaning arrangements.
3. Payment: Once you have agreed a holiday date, a 50% deposit is requested - bank details will be provided to you and a confirmation email will be sent once deposit is received.
If the booking is cancelled more than 2 months before your stay the deposit will be refunded. Otherwise this will be at the discretion of the host.
The balance will be payable 2 months prior to your arrival and you will be reminded accordingly.
(Please note: It is respectfully requested that you leave the Lodge in a clean and tidy state. Any breakages/damages or otherwise should be notified to the host prior to departure and a compensation fee agreed).
Once your full balance is paid you will receive a final confirmation of the booking and details sent to you which will include arrival information and host contact details.
4. Fly-fishing: Should you wish to fly-fish during your stay and /or make use of the Thursday-specific Garbet Beag salmon fishing, please indicate this in your booking message and further details can be passed to you. (See Fly Fishing page).
5. Short breaks: Should you wish a short break / weekend then please make contact for prices. These can vary during the year, particularly winter.
6. Smoking - No smoking at all within the Lodge. Should you need to smoke, please note that heath fires are easily started in the summer by careless disposal of cigarettes. Therefore please be considerate in this respect.
WEEKLY RATES 2021 (please ask for separate prices for CHRISTMAS, NEW YEAR and SHORT BREAK bookings)